Find the LCN offices
From the EPFL metro station, to the LCN offices:
- At the stop `EPFL’, you take the underground exit in direction of the train, turn left at the bottom, and then you go straight up the stairs and continue between two new buildings in an ugly blueish-green colour.
- When you have passed the building on your right, a plaza opens. You turn right and enter the building with the cafeteria.
- Inside you keep slightly left. You pass along a gallery with a big open space to your right.
- At the end of the gallery, if you turn slighly left, you see the entrance of building AA-B. That’s where the LCN offices are.
- Go down the hallway, and you are there.
- The secretary’s office is AA-B-135. In case the secretary’s office is closed, ask the LCN collaborators in one of the next three offices
Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience (LCN)
Bâtiment AAB, offices 135-141
Travelling by Train
See the Swiss Railway server for details and timetables.
- From Lausanne train station, take the M2 metro from the CFF train station (entrance next to Mac Donald), direction Les Croisettes. Get off at Flon stop. Change there to get the M1 metro, direction Renens. There are frequent departures.
- From Renens train station, take the M1 metro in the Flon direction
- You get off at the stop marked EPFL. The big buildings (when the train approaches) are the EPFL.
If for any reason you do not have you transportation pass, buy a ticket for CHF 3.00 from one of the vending machines (2 zones). This ticket is valid for one hour and includes an unlimited number of changes.
Travelling by Plane
Since Lausanne does not have an airport to speak of, visitors planning to arrive by plane will have to land at Geneva airport (the closest – 40 mins by train or car to Lausanne), Zurich (the largest), or Basel (Bale in French), and from there proceed to Lausanne by train (see above)
Travelling by Car
In Switzerland highways are labelled by green signs and are composed of the letter A followed by the corresponding number. You must buy a 40 CHF windscreen sticker (one year validity) at the border or petrol stations.
- From Airport Geneva-Cointrin, take highway A1 to Lausanne.
- From Airport Zurich-Kloten, take highway A1 to Bern. Then follow A12 – A9 to Lausanne.
- From Airport Basel-Mulhouse, follow highway A3 to Basel. Then take A2 – A1 to Bern and after A12 – A9 to Lausanne.
Follow the direction to Lausanne sud and take the exit Université-EPFL.